Re: Proxy Engine - Server unavailable

On Qua, 2006-07-19 at 14:30 -0400, Aaron Richton wrote:
> > My question is, shouldn't the proxy server figure out that the
> > connection is dead and retry opening a new connection? If so, is there
> > any configuration directive that i need to specify, either on the proxy
> > side or the backend side, for that to happen?
> back-ldap and/or back-meta should figure this out, and do in my experience
> in recent releases. When you say "proxy server" I'd wonder if there's some
> curious interaction with slapo-pcache, for instance.

I'm sorry for being rather superficial in my description. I'm using
back_ldap and back_meta to provide the proxy functionality.

> Can you replicate with a straightforward back-ldap? A straightforward
> back-meta? What else is going on on the server? Which overlays are active?
> etc.

I'm not using any aditional overlays.

Also i have tweaked the following kernel parameters with the values

in the hope that it would solve the problem, but it didn't. I'm running
out of ideas...

Thanks in advance,

Hugo Monteiro.

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : hugo.monteiro@fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
                   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt             apoio@fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _