Re: Proxy Engine - Server unavailable

On Qua, 2006-07-19 at 14:30 -0400, Aaron Richton wrote:
> > My question is, shouldn't the proxy server figure out that the
> > connection is dead and retry opening a new connection? If so, is there
> > any configuration directive that i need to specify, either on the proxy
> > side or the backend side, for that to happen?
>
> back-ldap and/or back-meta should figure this out, and do in my experience
> in recent releases. When you say "proxy server" I'd wonder if there's some
> curious interaction with slapo-pcache, for instance.

I'm sorry for being rather superficial in my description. I'm using
back_ldap and back_meta to provide the proxy functionality.

> Can you replicate with a straightforward back-ldap? A straightforward
> back-meta? What else is going on on the server? Which overlays are active?
> etc.

I'm not using any aditional overlays.

Also i have tweaked the following kernel parameters with the values

tcp_keepalive_intvl=5
tcp_keepalive_probes=3
tcp_keepalive_time=600

in the hope that it would solve the problem, but it didn't. I'm running
out of ideas...

Thanks in advance,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : hugo.monteiro@fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
                   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt             apoio@fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _