Re: syncrepl refresh not finished after consumer restart

closed connection. When I start the consumer again, it starts in the
REFRESH_DELETE mode, although it hasn't replicated all entries yet.
Shouldn't the consumer finish or restart the refresh?

I've observed this behavior repeatedly. I kept meaning to try to make a test017 with a huge database (the test's LDIF is too small to reliably "stop in the middle") that would rule out something I was doing wrong, but as I use slapadd -q to initialize consumers now, I kind of undefined the relevance of this for my environment.

Am I missing something or is this in fact intended behaviour which may leave
me two inconsistent servers when the consumer is stopped or crashes during
sync operations?

It certainly doesn't sound desirable. Probably worth writing up and filing an ITS if you're looking for a fix.