Re: Regarding access control

Thanks for you comments.. I'll definitely upgrade the software and check it out.

Thanks & Regards Nisha

Nisha P Kurur
DON Lab (BSB 328)
Dept. of CSE
IITM, Chennai - 36
Phone (044) 2257 5364/9804/9853

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Aaron Richton wrote:

I'm using openldap-2.0.27-8 (which comes along with RedHat 9). I'm trying to

You're using historic software with known bugs; that's a big mistake if you care about data integrity and reliability. You'd be well advised to look into the latest OpenLDAP version.

access to * by peername=10.6.21.* write

To get what it appears you desire, you likely want <style> of regex. See http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200401/msg00170.html for example.

If you follow the advice of upgrading to the latest OpenLDAP version, you can use

which likely will result in performance improvements (no need to run the regex engine on everything). This is (a very small) one of the hundreds of enhancements available since 2.0.