Re: Openldap & Tru64 encryption

The {CRYPT} scheme is not portable as it dependent on the
particular flavor of crypt(3) slapd(8) is linked with.
Sounds to me like the version of crypt(3) slapd(8) was linked
with is not the same that was used to create the password
value.  I suggest you determine which version of crypt(3)
is needed and then rebuild slapd(8) such that this version
is used.