Solution: Re: ldapsearch issue with rootpw.

Thank you that was it.  Your suggestion worked.  I  hate being such a
newbie.   Appreciation all around.

James

On 7/5/06, Dave Horsfall <daveh@ci.com.au> wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, James Hartley wrote:

> I have been fighting and issue (non-issuse??) for awhile now.  I am
> attempting to issue the following command
>
> #ldapsearch -x -LLL -w secret "objectclass=*"
>
> I continue to get the error
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49).

You have not specified the rootdn with which to bind.  Based on your
example, it should be:

ldapsearch -x -LLL -D "cn=Manager,dc=bogus,dc=net" -w secret
"(objectclass=*)"

(Note the parentheses around the filter, but it appears to work without
them.)

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500
(sw)