memberOf

Hello,

I'm very new to [Open]LDAP (openldap-2.2.26-ubuntu2) and I'm trying to make it work with a simple Java application.
I use the following schemas:

include        	/etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
include        	/etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
include        	/etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
include        	/etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include        	/etc/ldap/schema/java.schema

and I'm populating it with this:
# Define top-level entry
dn: dc=localdomain
objectClass: dcObject
dc: localdomain

# Define an entry to contain people
dn: ou=people,dc=localdomain
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: people

# Define a user entry for Pavel
dn: uid=pavel,ou=people,dc=localdomain
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: pavel
sn: J
cn: Pavel J
mail: my@email.com
userPassword: secret

# Define an entry to contain LDAP groups
dn: ou=groups,dc=localdomain
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: groups

# Define an entry for the "users" group
dn: cn=users,ou=groups,dc=localdomain
objectClass: groupOfNames
cn: users
member: uid=pavel,ou=people,dc=localdomain

# Define an entry for the "role1" group
dn: cn=role1,ou=groups,dc=localdomain
objectClass: groupOfNames
cn: role1
member: uid=pavel,ou=people,dc=localdomain

But when I try to get attributes of uid=pavel,ou=people,dc=localdomain through simple Java program or LDAP Browser (http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/)
or using:
ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=Manager, dc=localdomain' -W -b 'ou=people, dc=localdomain' uid=pavel
I never get the 'memberOf' attribute[s] back.

Am I missing something in the configuration? Or is something wrong with the way I'm querying?

Thanks.

Pavel