[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re-initializing master when syncrepl is used
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re-initializing master when syncrepl is used
- From: Aleksandar Milivojevic <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:37:33 -0500
- Content-disposition: inline
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.1)
If I wipe out all database files from /var/lib/ldap directory on one
LDAP server (master) that had data replicated (using syncrepl) to
several slaves, then use ldapadd to add all the entries back, do I
need to also wipe out database files on the slaves and have syncrepl
pull all the data from the master again for everything to work
correctly? All the slaves are read-only (access rules do not allow
any updates, except for syncrepl).
See Ya' later, alligator!