Re: Replication between 2.2.x and 2.3.x

On 6/15/06, Jed Donnelley <jed@nersc.gov> wrote:
What makes you think so?  What testing have you done to suggest that
your 2.3 master won't replicate to your 2.2 slaves?  Slurpd?  Syncrepl?
If Syncrepl, refresh-only?   See our configuration below.

Alright, a bit of background then. Our master was at first a 4.2db with OpenLDAP 2.2.29 on FreeBSD. At the time we installed our replicas, they all got updates as soon as we were adding an entry in the master. We are using syncrepl with refresh-and-persist.

Since the move to the new master, 4.2db with OpenLDAP 2.3.2x, neither
the 2.2 or 2.3 replicas are getting updates. We did add several
entries and they never seem to make it to the replicas. Communication
is no issue, we can connect from/to the master without a hitch.

So at the moment, we have a master running the latest 2.3 from FreeBSD
ports with db4.2 and replicas varying from 2.2 to 2.3 which do not get
updates and we're slightly puzzled about this since it looks like we
got our setup right.

Steph