Re: openldap backend to Web Services?

Kifah Abbad wrote:
i am working on a project where i need to prepare a backend from a "virtual ldap server" to a propietary application with SOAP-WS interface to the world.
I am hearing about SQL backends for OpenLDAP...are there existing solutions for web services...or simply XML files, that could be extended?

DSML is an XML language designed to represent directory data (v1) or to express directory operations (v2). The JLDAP Java libraries hosted by OpenLDAP and Novell provide DSML reading, writing, and service capabilities.

http://www.openldap.org/jldap/

My own JLDAP-based framework can support REST accessible calls to DSML representations of data:

http://www.mentata.com/ldaphttp/

Since this problem is not OpenLDAP specific, you may want to try a more general forum.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com