ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

Hi,

I know this is a common error, but I don't know how to fix it

[root@devpc-tm1 ~]# ldapsearch
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs
foun

tm> ldapsearch -h localhost -p 389 -x -b "" -s base -LLL supportedSASLMechani
dn:

I've trawled the web looking for help, but have drawn a blank. How do I
get OpenLdap to install with sasl mechanisms setup correctly?

Any pointers / help to solve this problem greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

OPERATING SYSTEM: Centos 4.3
OPENLDAP : 2.3.20
CYRUS-SASL:
[root@devpc-tm1 ~]# ls /usr/lib/sasl
libanonymous.a          libcrammd5.so         libdigestmd5.so.0.0.20  libplain.
libanonymous.la         libcrammd5.so.1       libgssapiv2.a           libplain.
la
libanonymous.so         libcrammd5.so.1.0.19  liblogin.a              libplain.
so
libanonymous.so.1       libdigestmd5.a        liblogin.la             libplain.
so.1
libanonymous.so.1.0.17  libdigestmd5.la       liblogin.so             libplain.
so.1.0.16
libcrammd5.a            libdigestmd5.so       liblogin.so.0
libcrammd5.la           libdigestmd5.so.0     liblogin.so.0.0.7

[root@devpc-tm1 var]# ldapsearch -x -s base -b ""
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3