modern version (Was: Unrecognized Control: 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.5.1)

At 03:16 PM 6/5/2006, Greg Martin wrote:
>I've seen the term "modern version" used several time on this list in the past 6 months. Is there a community-accepted definition of this term?

I believe the term does not have an OpenLDAP-specific meaning.

  From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

  Modern \Mod"ern\, a. [F. moderne, L. modernus; akin to modo just
     now, orig. abl. of modus measure; hence, by measure, just
     now. See {Mode}.]
     1. Of or pertaining to the present time, or time not long
        past; late; not ancient or remote in past time; of recent
        period; as, modern days, ages, or time; modern authors;
        modern fashions; modern taste; modern practice. --Bacon.
        [1913 Webster]

Kurt