Re: Brief syncrepl question

The answer to your question is no. The answer to what you're trying to
accomplish is likely more difficult--OpenLDAP is an open source project,
after all.

OpenLDAP 2.1 doesn't do syncprov, at all. You may be able to slurpd from
2.1 into 2.{2,3} and then syncrepl from that. I doubt I'd recommend that
configuration. You might consider that OS X 10.4 uses OpenLDAP 2.2.19. Not
ideal, but you'll get syncrepl (in theory). But 2.2.19 isn't likely to be
a happy version for syncrepl in practice.

In production, you'd probably be a lot better off adding back-netinfo to a
local build of 2.2.29 or, better yet, 2.3.23. You can get it from
www.opensource.apple.com.