Re: alock File Keeps LDAP (slapd) from Starting Up

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:26:03AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> alock is an autorecovery mechanism introduced in the OpenLDAP 2.3 release to assist
> with autorecovery.  Given more information on the error messages coming from alock
> would be useful, since it is supposed to help you recover from hard reboots
> gracefully.

BTW, I'm using openldap 2.3.21 on freebsd and linux boxes. I use it
with bdb43. On all machines I have easy reproduceble problem -- if
slapd killing hardly he can't start. Eat all cpu, don't answer to
clients and can be killed only with -9 signal.
After running db_recover slapd start and work fine.
I look in ChangeLog. This issue not fixed in 2.3.2[23], or I'm wrong?

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia