Re: OpenLDAP and MySQL

Ah, thank you! The README in "servers/slapd/back-sql/rdbms_depend/README" indicates to use the test031 (SLAPD_USE_SQL=mysql ./run test031). So I've since followed the differing instructions for testing in the "tests" directory.

per the instructions, when I execute 'SLAPD_USE_SQL=mysql ; make sql' I get the output of

running defines.sh
SQL test not requested, test skipped

running defines.sh
SQL test not requested, test skipped

running defines.sh
SQL test not requested, test skipped

running defines.sh
SQL test not requested, test skipped

When I echo for the value of SLAPD_USE_SQL the console responds with mysql as the value. Furthermore I thought especially by specifying 'make sql' it would test for sql. Why does the string "SQL test not requested, test skipped" keep appearing? Googling for this string/error doesnt show anything helpful. If the tests are successful, why does it seem like they're not because "SQL" wasn't requested, though I thought I did.

Thanks for answering these questions!