Re: LDAP Authentication

--On Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:45 PM +0400 Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dkirhlarov@oilspace.com> wrote:

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 02:17:59PM -0700, Thomas Bonham wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to get ldap do not allow people to bind to it without a
username and  password. I just can't seem to get the access list right.
If someone knows what I'm  talking and how to fix it that will be greate.

slapd.conf(5) security simple_bind=128

BTW, what the magic number -- 128?

Don't suggest solutions if you don't know what they mean. This means it requires a security factor of 128 to allow a simple bind. Other people have already suggested better solutions than yours.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html