Re: radius backend

On 5/11/06, Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:
>> It is possible to have a radius backend in openldap?
>>
>> In other words, we need that when an authentication request arrives
>> from a ldap client to the openldap server then the openldap server
>> "sends" that request using radius to a specified radius server (the
>> openldap server acts as a radius client).
>>
>> Thanks and best regards
>>

> Check out:
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1299.html

I've slightly reworked that answer, documenting two more options.  One of
them works since OpenLDAP 2.2, the other also requires at least OpenLDAP
2.3.  They both imply writing an overlay (in C).

p.

I guess it isn't terribly clear on how that's relevant. Here's the link to the original thread: http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200512/msg00266.html