Re: LDBM VS. BDB on OpenBSD 3.9

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > > This statement of course excludes any distro that actually works to
> > > keep their distribution up to date, of which I think I can name 1...
> >
> > FreeBSD is one (because I keep annoying them).  Now, if only I can
> > convince them to not use BDB 4.3...
>
> Yeah, if they are using 4.3, then I can't see it as really being a
> usable build. ;)

The statement in the README: "BDB and HDB backends require Sleepycat
Berkeley DB 4.2 or later" doesn't help :-(

I pointed out the thread
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200506/msg00370.html and
they agreed, but now it looks like someone else has taken over the port,
and needs to be broken in...

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Eng'ng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU