Re: Missing/dropped indices?

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:07:16AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Mark Mcdonald wrote:
> >
> > We have recently deployed some new servers running Debian Sarge
> > (OpenLDAP 2.2.23) while our older systems are running Debian Woody
> > (OpenLDAP 2.1.30).
>
> 2.2.23 is not new, it's historic. You have to expect weird problems and
> almost no support for these ancient OpenLDAP versions.
>
> You should deploy 2.3.21.

Unfortunately, at this moment it is difficult to deploy 2.3.21 out of the box
even under Debian unstable due to some problems with GnuTLS. More details here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-openldap-devel/2006-February/000189.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-openldap-devel/2006-May/000283.html

AFAIK, the most recent packaged version of OpenLDAP is 2.3.19. The source of
these packages packages are here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-openldap/openldap/trunk-2.3/

Cheers,

--
Timur Izhbulatov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia