Replication of LDAP extended operations

Hi,

I've configured a master slapd for replication, which nicely produces
entries in the replication log file for LDAP add/modify/delete
operations. However, when the master slapd receives an LDAP extended
operation (that modifies the LDAP DIT), which is successfully processed,
no entry is made in the replication log file. Consequently, slurpd will
not send the LDAP extended operation to slave slapd's and the slave DITs
will not be updated.

"Man slapd.replog(5)" does not mention anything about LDAP extended
operations.

Have I made an error and should this normally work?

Is it a deliberate choice of Open LDAP to not implement this
functionality, or might this functionality be added in future slapd
implementations?

Is there a workaround for this problem other than not using LDAP
extended operations?

Best Regards,

Erco

Erco Argante
Ericsson Telecommunicatie B.V.
P.O. Box 8, 5120 AA Rijen
The Netherlands

Tel.+31 161 247031
E-Mail: erco.argante@ericsson.com, Homepage http://www.ericsson.se>

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in
error,
please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the
message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we
only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for
any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses
or any consequences thereof.