[Date Prev][Date Next]
Distributing and replicating Schema.
- To: OpenLDAP Software List <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Distributing and replicating Schema.
- From: Andres Tarallo <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:11:55 -0300
- Organization: Universidad ORT Uruguay
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060411
We continue designing our LDAP solution. In order to improve reliability
we're thinking about using distributed LDAP replicas, and certain
services will hace access to certain replicas. We aim to be able to
replicate subsets of attributes and/or objects, as needed. This is
intended to avoid certain information to be leaked to certain servers.
We find that syncrepl could do the job, however it seems to us that it
could left some changes on hold (ie: password changes) until is
replicated. Password changes will be done against our main server, and
then it should be replicated to the "slave servers", so people could use
On the other hand we find that slurp will do the job, replicating almost
instantly, but it replicates everyobject of the database.
Any comments will be appreciated.