[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: entries not getting inserted in replica site
- To: matthew sporleder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: entries not getting inserted in replica site
- From: Moe <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:54:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FAOh4I/RRqPT/87kaJU8P9YXMlDvDl9rhPmvZH/O4hFf2QpXq9ZJKGVvhYTJAiveN8eGD5gDbORTgaGOmHWyS+71+NuKE/eWQYinuruwi6OetlUldzh+qUOG3XGOWzr/wQrdw5pXwU1GTUNejg3BUW5KmVpvZRrtyoqedKljpcA= ;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
can u please tell tell me how to make disc in sync.
matthew sporleder <email@example.com> wrote:
On 4/24/06, Moe wrote:
> The entries in the slave ldap start getting lost then after a while ldap on the slave crashes. When this happens i restore the entries from master, ldap slave gets replicated fine for couple of months, then suddenly start losing entries. Master reject logs don't report anything then ldap slave crashes again.
> Moe wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I have master slave replication using slurpd. I noticed that after a while the replica site is getting out of sync with the master site. The reject log on the master ldap does not have any data corresponding to rejected entries. Im suspecting some king of network
> issue.The entries were in sync for like 3 months and i noticed recently that the slave is missing like 20 entries. Any suggestions?
My guess is that slapd is probably crashing without writing the
entries it had in memory to disk. There are some back-bdb tunables
for keeping the disk in sync.
You might be able to gcore slapd when it gets out of sync/ready to
crash and see if something is hung, or whatever.
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.