Re: load balancer with SSL

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:55 -0400, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
> I'm having some troubles with using SSL over a LDAP load balancer.
> Without SSL everything works fine, but when I turn on SSL I get a
> failure. But if I use SSL and bypass the load balancer and point
> directly to a LDAP directry everything works fine again.
>
> Is there something tricky or special I need to know to get this to work?

Hi Jeremiah,

What is the error message you got when trying to communicate with the
LDAP load balancer over SSL? What DNS names did you use to contact the
load balancer and each individual LDAP server? How did you create the
SSL certificates for the LDAP servers?

I suspect that you haven't created the SSL certificates for the LDAP
servers with the 'SubjectAltName' field set to the DNS name of the load
balancer.

Hope this helps.

Sam