Re: verification

You appear to give very incomplete information about your problem: you
don't indicate what version of software you use, you don't indicate
details of the configuration that may be essential and you don't provide
details about the exact content of the database(s).

Using r(d)ecent versions (HEAD, re23) and back-bdb things seem to work
as expected.

p.

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 12:08 -0400, Douglas B. Jones wrote:
> If I have the following in slapd.conf:
>
> suffix	"dc=a,dc=x,dc=y"
> subordinate
>
> suffix	"dc=b,dc=x,dc=y"
> subordinate
>
> suffix	"dc=c,dc=x,dc=y"
> subordinate
>
> suffix	"dc=x,dc=y"
>

> If I verify a user uid=userA,dc=a,dc=x,dc=y with the
> correct password, then it works fine. If I try to verify
> the user uid=userA,dc=x,dc=y with the correct password,
> it fails with the error in the log as:
>
> RESULT tag=97 err=53 text=unauthenticated bind
>   (DN with no password) disallowed
>
> The above is from a web app. I think that has something
> to do with config. of the app. If I use the ldapsearch
> command, I get:
>
> BIND dn="uid=userA,dc=x,dc=y" method=128
> Apr 14 12:05:25 c01 slapd[208513]: conn=455 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=
>
> Works fine if I user in ldapsearch -D switch:
>
> uid=userA,dc=a,dc=x,dc=y
>
> which is where userA resides.
>
> I believe I am doing something wrong, but not sure what.
> Any ideas? Thanks!

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team