Re: ldapadd error

> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>>
>> Look at your ldapadd command:
>>
>> ldapadd -x -D "cn=adam,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" -W -h
>>
>> Now, all you need to do is change "add" to "search" and remove the -h
>> at the end.
>>

> cool, thanks.  I am still getting the same result, though.
>
> ldapsearch -x -D "cn=adam,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" -W
> Enter LDAP Password:
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> with scope sub
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
>
> # numResponses: 1

Although you're getting the same error (32), that's from different tools
(ldapadd and ldapsearch indeed are different pieces of code with different
purpose and usage); how can you tell the same error originates from the
same issue?

I bet in the ldapadd case it originated from trying to append an entry to
a non-existing parent, while here it originates from a braindead search
request (as clearly illustrated by the verbose output of ldapsearch).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team