Re: ldapadd error

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
You were trying to add "uid=root,ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us"
so to check for the parent you should use
"ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" as search base with ldapsearch.
If you further get "no such object, then you should go down all the way
to your database's suffix.
Why do you use simple bind ("-x") when doing ldapadd, and SASL bind (no
"-x") when doing ldapsearch?

sorry about the -x, was just doing what the openldap common errors page said to do.

ok I did the command and I get the no such object still like you said.

ldapsearch -x -b "ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" -s base '(objectclass=*)'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=People,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us> with scope base
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

I tried suffix of dc=ms,dc=us and just dc=us and get the same No such object. How do I fix that? thanks