Re: Selective Replication with OpenLDAP

I've tried selective replication with no luck - it passes syntax checks, but hasn't worked (for me) as I would expect.

I have had better luck with replication of a subtree using the following syntax.

master.conf:
replica host=ldap.example.com:389
        bindmethod=sasl
        saslmech=GSSAPI
        realm=EXAMPLE.COM
        authcID=Replicator
        suffix="ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"

replica.conf:
updatedn "cn=Replicator,dc=example,dc=com"
updateref host=ldap.example.com:389

Karen.

Andres Tarallo wrote:
Where are building a LDAP Server based on OpenLDAP, now we are studing
the replication.

We were asked if is posible to replicate certain objects in a tree only.
As far as we can see it's not posible to selectively replicate.

Other question we were asked is if  we can replicate a certain subtree
from the master into the slave, it's not very clear if this can be done.

Thanks for your help

Andres