Re: Slapcat error with crashed openldap

Hi,

I've done some tests with my crashed ldap and it resumes to these points:

1 - Tried to do the command slapindex
     >slapindex -c -v
     and it gives this output
     ( ... )
    indexing id=00002c32
    indexing id=00002c33
    indexing id=00002c34
    indexing id=00002c35
    indexing id=00002c36
    indexing id=00002c37
    indexing id=00002c38
    ( ... )
    indexing id=0000a1ec
    indexing id=0000a1ed
    indexing id=0000a1ee

    ERROR: the problem is that the output stops at indexing id =0000a1ee
                 I let this on hold for more than 2 hours and it continues
aparently without doing anything
    (A) Is this an error?
    (B) Why it doesn't continue?

2 - After this, I've to restart the pc.
3 - I could access to the ldap server but some data was LOST.
    (C) Is there anything that I could do? The lost data is very important
to me to recover.

Please someone could give a hand here?
Thks in advance
Ricardo Ferreira

Hi,

#1 Software Specifications:
 - OpenLDAP v2.2.20
 - SleepyCat  v4.3.27

#2 I know these are older versions but I have a new brand machine with these
specification
 - OpenLDAP v2.3.20
 - SleepyCat  v4.4

This is what happenned.
My #1 configuration crashed and I have remove my logs from openldap-data
directory. The id2entry.bdb and dn2id.bdb are intact
I know this shouldn't be done but this works the other times.
Now I need to recover my data from #1 but slapcat doesn't work.

1 - Is there anything that I could do to recover my data?
It's very important for me to recover it.

2 - Is there any command that I could launch to reconstruct my removed logs.

Thks in advance
Ricardo Ferreira

---

---