Re: SSL connection using libLDAP

OpenLDAP's -lldap supports initiating TLS (SSL) using either
the standard "Start TLS" mechanism [RFC2830] or the non-standard
"ldaps:" (Secure LDAP) mechanism.  In the former case, the
program should call ldap_initialize(3) with the appropriate
ldap: URL, set version to 3, and then call ldap_start_tls_s(3).
In the latter case, ldap_initialize(3) is called with the
ldaps: URL.  In both cases, appropriate certificate information
should be provided via ldap.conf(5) facilities or via
ldap_set_option(3)).  See the client/tools for example code.

- Kurt