Re: OpenLDAP performance vs. PostgreSQL

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:43:40AM -0500, John Madden wrote:
> > 50 Mb, not enough?
>
> I would guess not.  What's the size of your databases?  If you've got enough
> RAM, make sure your cachesize is the equivalent.

I've only got the 20000 simple entries. I've narrowed it down to only one integer attribute now and increased the cache to 100Mb, but it's still much slower than DBD::Pg.

> And I had no idea it didn't make a difference under 7.3 -- I've always coded
> as if they were separate.  Wonderful. :)

It didn't... However, I checked my code which ran the test with DBD::Pg and it didn't use prepare/execute, so that's not the reason.

I tried with the Mozilla::LDAP modules, but I can't get them to support LDAPv3. :(

Peter