[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: strange error when I do a slapcat

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 20:54 -0700, Jon Roberts wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > When I slapcat -l /tmp/test.ldif, I get an error reported on screen
> > 
> > # no data for entry id=00000080
> I've gotten this same error with OpenLDAP 2.2.23; the slapcat output 
> stops at a  point (# no data for entry id=00001446) leaving out well 
> over a hundred thousand entries. The last successfully expressed entry 
> is duplicated (two LDIF entries with the same dn), but that same entry 
> and all others work fine in slapd operations.
> Meanwhile, with basically the same database and OpenLDAP 2.3.19 I get 
> accurate, error-free dumps from slapcat. You didn't mention a version, 
> so if upgrading is possible that might be the first thing to try.
this is a small company...probably no more than 400 entries or so at
this point.

doing a slapcat, backing up the files, cleaning out the data and log
files and slapadd back in seems to have cleaned things up and random
grepping of the ldif seems as though it has the most recent changes so I
should be good.

I didn't see any duplicated entries and I now can slapcat again without
that error.