[Date Prev][Date Next]
OpenLdap: User/Group of the Slapd daemon
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: OpenLdap: User/Group of the Slapd daemon
- From: "Greta Armestar" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:12:28 -0500
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=BtJSdvI5QB+s3AaFUOfuunw30NogWaPepYYD894JhC1laTcVvSt7Q7pWmhX70lARlX1bLji21RKiF/gE8X860lvdFq+hoO7UkLUSnCAC5N6/KWokW+c0q1dcen5ouf2vB1IlH3+tNlLb/fX67ajHjDqEvdYJI9IWSDMyMV6BHk0=
I have a question about the Slapd Daemon.. I hope you can Help me, please!!! :o(
I have problems when I change the execution User/Group of the Slapd daemon.
I have found some guides and manuals about how to change the execution
User/Group of the Slapd Daemon, actually, the "chown" command is not
complicated at all, but I can't execute Slapd with the new User/group
There is no error returnes when I change the User/Group, but when I
check with "netstat -puta", the daemon Salpd doesn't appear. Anybody
has an idea what is the problem? I didn't have any problem when I used
the default user: "root".
I have found some manuals which suggest I shoud change the owner of
some files and directories but there are other manuals which suggest
other files and directories. Anybody knows about a reliable manual
abut OpenLdap? I mean some manual that has been tested.
Greta Armestar Urbina