Re: max concurrent connections

Marten Lehmann wrote:
Hello,

I heard that openldap is limited to 1024 concurrent ldap-connections
from clients, while other directory servers can handle
millions of them. Is this true?

Not true. No single instance of a network service running on any operating system available today can handle millions of concurrent connections.

Traditional UNIX I/O mechanisms start to really slow down accepting new connections once you hit the ~4k mark. New I/O mechanisms such as epoll() can help, if e.g. a good number of the concurrent connections are idle.

BR,
--
mike