Re: Replication VS copying the master DB

I do see it is pretty fast... But my problem is the slave db may have gotten corrupted... I'm not too sure, if the data is intact in the slave to continue with the replication. So, I'm looking at the master DB... Of course I can do a slapcat from the master and then do a slapadd on the slave and then restart the replication from that point. But if I can just do a simple copy of the master db, it saves me a lot of time...

But I'm not sure, if it is proper to copy the master db to the slave...

Krish

matthew sporleder wrote:

If you're replicating with slurpd, it's pretty fast.