Re: Openldap version 2.2.13 with db_recover

--On Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:07 AM +0530 mallapadi niranjan <niranjan.ashok@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi list

I have a system with Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 with kernel
version 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. I have an openldap which is shipped with the Redhat
hat linux
RPM. the version of slapd is
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.13 (Aug 19 2004 21:22:15) $
root@porky.build.redhat.com:/usr/src/build/440386-i386/BUILD/openldap-2.2
.13 /openldap-2.2.13/build-servers/servers/slapd\
The rpm that are installed are
mod_authz_ldap-0.26-2
compat-openldap-2.1.30-2
openldap-2.2.13-2
php-ldap-4.3.9-3.1
openldap-clients-2.2.13-2
openldap-devel-2.2.13-2
openldap-servers-2.2.13-2
python-ldap-2.0.1-2
openldap-servers-sql-2.2.13-2
nss_ldap-226-1
i use ldap to store computer and user accounts (samba schema).
Redhat provides startup script for starting , stopping , and restarting of
LDAP,
but if the system reboots due to power failure, the ldap database goes to
inconsistent
state. i have db_config file in /var/lib/ldap , by which i run db_recover
manually and recover it.
but can there be made any changes in startup script so that if the databse
is in incosistent state ,
the db_recove is run at system startup  i mean when system starts the ldap
service
specifically  does openldap have a script that automatically runs
db_recover.

OpenLDAP 2.3 automatically recovers the database for you. I'll note that OpenLDAP 2.2.13 is a very old release, that OpenLDAP 2.2 is now historic, and that the final OpenLDAP 2.2 release was 2.2.30.

In the meantime, you could set up an init script to run before the OpenLDAP startup to run db_recover.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html