Re: structural object class modification from X to Y not allowed

Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
I'am surprise that I cannot add or replace to an existing object a new objectclass in the same hierarchie of class !?
Can I do that without deleting the object and recreate it from scratch :-( ?.

AFAIK, no... not since the tighter schema checking that came with 2.1. Back in 2003 I initiated an overlong thread on this list about how OpenLDAP prevented me from extending person entries to use organizationalperson by modifying the objectclass attribute. Since then it's been "delete and readd" as you say.

I did test that you can modify the objectclass attribute to add more auxiliary object classes without issue. I was also able to add structural objectclasses to entries on other LDAP implementations (ages ago), but I'd wager that was due more to promiscuity than added intelligence.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com