[Date Prev][Date Next]
SASL/EXTERNAL with a smartcard
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: SASL/EXTERNAL with a smartcard
- From: François Beretti <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:56:40 +0100
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=iNO5LBp6SiqDyUivh1ukfhCsUmq4XLzmwFKMKeaSTUTsB9jYFJkumRz1NSWiyTLLERwQMaYkc1iKYh3HXlF40eBS+jsbnq+wQFWMuiPOnGkaoGIB98WMEw7L3iKH1XTfKIjGNYGVuLE8qk8dhrFt7XX/Dlj0s5pzZlw9iR7mNY8=
I know that this is quite off topic, but I am wondering how to use
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication with a certificate stored on a smartcard.
For me it is not under the entire responsibility of the ssl library,
since the LDAP library provide the certificate file, using the
ldap.conf rules. When using a smartcard, you don't use a certificate
file, since everything is in the smartcard, and not in the filesystem.
So it seems that the LDAP library is uncompatible with smartcard TLS
Am I wrong ?
Does someone have any link toward a way to achieve this ?
Thank you very much