Re: Converting slapd.conf to slapd.d

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Howard Chu wrote:

> > Is there a "recommended" way to do the conversion?  I've been using:
> >
> >     slapacl -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d -b cn=me
>
> I recommend slaptest.

Thanks; much cleaner :-)

> > WARNING: No dynamic config support for database meta.
> > WARNING: No dynamic config support for database meta.
> > WARNING: No dynamic config support for database meta.
> >
> > WARNING: The converted cn=config directory is incomplete and may not work.
> >
> > Should I be worried?  It doesn't seem to matter whether SLAPD is
> > running or not.
>
> The fact that back-meta is unsupported here will probably be a problem
> for you.

In what way could it be a problem?  I can search them just fine, but I
understand that I can't configure them (hence I need to retain the old
slapd.conf file).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engrng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU