Re: make test failure

With RedHat 4 ES Update 2 comes db 4.2.52-7.1.
I've downloaded Berkeley DB 4.4.20 and make test works ok.

Thank you

Katty Torla Puga
CSTIC Urgell

Consorci Escola Industrial de Barcelona
Urgell 187
08036 Barcelona

T. 934137462

                      "Kurt D.
                      Zeilenga"                To:      matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
                      <Kurt@OpenLDAP.o         cc:      Katty Torla/UPC <katty.torla@upc.edu>, OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
                      rg>                      Subject: Re: make test failure
                      15/02/2006 20:24

At 10:56 AM 2/15/2006, matthew sporleder wrote:
>It looks like slapd never started.  Is something else listening on that

If that were the case, the logs would have indicated a problem
opening a listener.

The problem, I suspect, is one of directory/file permissions OR
one of BerkeleyDB installation options.

Katty, you should 'make clean' in the tests directory and
make sure the sub-directory 'testrun' doesn't exist prior
to running the tests.  Then run 'make' again.  Then
'make test' should just work assuming you used the same
user identity through out the process (of extracting the
source, running configure, running 'make', etc.).

If it doesn't, well, then you should verify that Berkeley
DB was installed with full Transactional DB support.