Re: Change to directory do not get commited to disk ?

Etienne Goyer wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this sound nebulous, I do not know where to start with this
situation.

I am running OpenLDAP 2.2.13 on RHEL 4 (Scientific Linux, actually).  I
am using the packages provided by the distribution.  My directory use
the dbd backend and I have db4 4.2.52 installed, in case it is related.

I suspect you mean back-bdb. There is no "dbd" backend.

The problem is when OpenLDAP is shutdown uncleanly, such as when a power
failure occur. When OpenLDAP is brought back up, all changes made after
the last clean restart are lost. This happened to me recently, and I
lost quite a bit of data.

It sounds like you haven't read the slapd-bdb(5) manpage, particularly the "checkpoint" keyword.

I do not believe this behavior is expected; I guess I have either a
configuration problem or a bug.  I do not know where to start looking to
fix the situation.  Do anybody have an idea what might cause this behavior ?

You should upgrade to the current release, 2.3.19. Then you should read up on the configuration docs.

--
 -- Howard Chu