Re: import to openldap

Bringing this back on the mailing list...

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:46:50PM +0100, T M wrote:

>hi,
>im sorry but im not a linux guru and i really dont understand what you mean by
>> Change what you're trying to add so that everything is under your rootdn
>> and it should start to work.
>
>could you please tell me in a more straightforward way what exactly
>should i do? like "where under rootdn". is that something i should
>write into the conf file, or some directory or.. ?

Change the dn in your ldif file.

>> So my comment in the last message is applicable to you.

>> Change what you're trying to add so that everything is under your rootdn
>> and it should start to work.

Being more explicit, you need to change:
  "cn=Ryvolová Ivana,mail=xryvi01@vse.cz"
  "cn=Ryvolová Ivana,mail=xryvi01@vse.cz,dc=ireas,dc=cz"

There should be a 'dc=ireas,dc=cz' object as the base of the directory.
Then there needs to be an object inside of it named
'mail=xryvi01@vse.cz,dc=ireas,dc=cz'.  Then finally, the object that you
are trying to create will be
"cn=Ryvolová Ivana,mail=xryvi01@vse.cz,dc=ireas,dc=cz".

I do think that you're going about this in a slightly wrong manner.  I
think it should be:
  "cn=Ryvolová Ivana,dc=ireas,dc=cz"
and mail should be one of the attributes in the "cn=Ryvolová Ivana"
object.

Show us the ldif you're trying to import.  That will clear up a lot of
things and give us something to make changes to in order to make it
clearer for you.
--
Regards...		Todd
we're off on the usual strange tangents.  next will be whether