Re: BDB fragmented

It looks to me like DB 4.4 has a db->compact method that doesn't seem to
have been available in earlier versions.  I would think that this could
come in handy for collapsing btrees into fewer levels.  (back-bdb uses
btrees, right?)  This ought to reclaim storage and performance, even when
there haven't been any entries removed, shouldn't it?

Has anyone played with this yet or would it be worth experimenting with?

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342