[Date Prev][Date Next]
AW: LDAP 2.3.17 won't compile on Solaris 8 -- Openssl problem
- To: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: AW: LDAP 2.3.17 won't compile on Solaris 8 -- Openssl problem
- From: <Toby.Russell@vattenfall.de>
- Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:12:14 +0100
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcYrR5oN9DQ1RGpzRTi2ssAh/+uMTQAZRdhA
- Thread-topic: LDAP 2.3.17 won't compile on Solaris 8 -- Openssl problem
Thanks for the replies.
I didn't know about the 2.3.17 Solaris bug, I'll give .19 a spin for sure. However, the problem -- and this is actually a little embarrassing -- turned out to be my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which needed /usr/local/ssl/lib in there.
That tip about the shared SSL libraries I think only applies to 0.9.8a. I read somewhere that by default .8a does not compile shared libraries, although why that should be the case is a mystery to me.
Anyway, there's a day of work ahead of me so...
Von: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:email@example.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 6. Februar 2006 19:03
An: Russell Toby (VE I-XAE); OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Betreff: Re: LDAP 2.3.17 won't compile on Solaris 8 -- Openssl problem
--On Monday, February 06, 2006 7:43 AM +0100 Toby.Russell@vattenfall.de
> Hello all,
> After googling on the problem of configure not finding ssl.h, I did
> the following and got a little further (OpenSSL 0.9.7h):
I'll note that a long-standing issue with a Solaris kernel bug finally got
a workaround in 2.3.19, so spending your time building 2.3.17 for Solaris
is kind of silly. I suggest downloading 2.3.19.
Principal Software Developer
ITS/Shared Application Services
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html