Single User Authentication

I am trying to configure a single user on my directly which has access to a sub tree. So I added the following to my slapd.conf

access to dn.subtree="ou=people,o=j2anywhere,c=com"
 by dn.one="cn=addressbook,o=j2anywhere,c=com" write

This is my complete configuration :

include   /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include   /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
loglevel        1
pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args

access to dn.subtree="ou=people,o=j2anywhere,c=com"
 by dn.one="cn=addressbook,o=j2anywhere,c=com" write

database        bdb
suffix    "o=j2anywhere,c=com"
rootdn    "cn=ldapadmin,o=j2anywhere,c=com"
rootpw          {SSHA}ShikZQ5eFrVbbKZE9Bkrb7dTbaiLlT7D
directory       /var/lib/openldap-data
index   objectClass     eq

I then added a new object to the directory :

dn: cn=addressbook,o=j2anywhere,c=com
cn: addressbook
sn: AddressBook
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
userPassword: {MD5}X03MO1qnZdYdgyfeuILPmQ==

I was hoping that i could now simply connect using : cn=addressbook,o=j2anywhere,c=com and the password but it doesn't work.

Yet when I try :

ldapadd -D "cn=addressbook,o=j2anywhere,c=com" -w password -x -f Alex.ldif
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

and

ldapadd -D "cn=addressbook,o=j2anywhere,c=com" -w password  -f Alex.ldif
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object (32)

I have checked several times that I am entering the correct password.

Any suggestion would help me out a lot.

Thanks
Alex