RE: Building on Solaris10

> How about the command-line tools? Do they start correctly?
>
> I had problems with GNU's strip damaging the executables and
> shared libs. I switched to using Sun's strip shipped with Solaris.

I believe I resolved this problem.  Although the strings command still shows the same odd output on the shared libldap and liblber libraries, the problem I was experiencing was related to the fact that I built openssl without shared libraries, and this caused unresolved SSL symbols in the ldap shared libraries.

-Rob