Re: Problems importing data from 2.2 to 2.3

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 12:13 -0500, Sam Gibson wrote:
> I'm trying to move our openldap servers to 2.3 so we can use the
> improved synchronization.  Our servers are running 2.2 right now, and
> I've compiled the latest 2.3 build on my box here to do some testing.
>
> I've looked all over the lists and online, and I can't find an answer to
> this.  I'm still a ldap noob, but I've been working on it for the past
> week or two, so I've got a clue at least (I think).
>
> When I run slapadd -d -1 -l foo, I'm getting the following error:
>
>  >>> dnPrettyNormal: <uid=jsmith,ou=people,dc=acme,dc=com>
> <<< dnPrettyNormal: <uid=jsmith,ou=people,dc=acme,dc=com>,
> <uid=jsmith,ou=people,dc=acme,dc=com>
> str2entry: invalid value for attributeType objectClass #1 (syntax
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38)
> slapadd: could not parse entry (line=76)

It doesn't like the entry ending at line 76; the second value (#1,
counting from 0) of the attribute objectClass appears to be unknown.
It's "posixAccount"; likely you didn't load "nis.schema".

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team