slurpd not picking up changes

We are running slapd 2.2.26-5 on Debian. We have a master server
and four replicas. I am trying to figure out why slurpd.replog is growing
so large lately. This morning we had a 600MiB slurpd.replog. I deleted /var/spool/slapd/replica and rebuilt the slaves manually.

We have "replicationinterval 10" set in slapd.conf and yet the replog now has 14k of changes. There are no .rej files and the replicas are being updated successfully. What is causing the replog file to grow?

--
Jacob Elder