ber_get_next on fd 9 failed

Hello
On openldap 2.0.27 with replication enabled I have in the log the following
lines(fd is changing of course)

slapd[29831]: ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable)

I would like to ask what can cause this error?

The problem I have is quite strange, I can not stop the slapd process!
I do see the process but I don't see 389 port listen!

If I know cause of this error I think I will be able to find out why I can not
stop slapd.

I know it is a very old version but I can not do anything on that:(

Thanks
Pavlos