Re: acl sets don't appear to work

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, January 21, 2006 2:47 PM -0500 Robert Kean <rkean@keanconsulting.com> wrote:

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.1.30 on a Gentoo linux system. I've been running

I discovered acl sets. But, I can't seem to get them working.

I believe ACL sets weren't introduced until OpenLDAP 2.2. Of course, OpenLDAP 2.1 and 2.2 are historic releases now, and 2.3.X is the current release branch. You are running a very old version of OpenLDAP. ;)

--Quanah

Well, the FAQ-O-Matic specifically states:

" The following comments have been tested with openldap 2.1.25"

so, it should have worked. None-the-less, I just finished upgrading to 2.2.28, and the exact same acl's work as documented.

^shrug^

thanks for the input.

-rob