Re: Comparing OpenLDAP on Linux 2.6/Sol 10 [ was Re: Berkeley DB versions ]

James F. Hranicky wrote:
I'm using the test to get a rough idea. Before, I ran 10 ldapsearches of the entire DB in parallel -- is that a more
reasonable test?

That seems a strange usage profile for a directory or any type of sizable database; you might just as well use a flat file for such a requirement, if not an OpenLDAP synchronization option. Regardless, it probably shouldn't be your only test, even for a rough idea, if you use a directory more conventionally.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com