Wrapping ldap_search()

We have a need to identify which applications are performing which
searches, for diagnosis purposes.  The idea is that our apps will call
something like XXX_ldap_search(), which will log something then call the
real ldap_search().

Is it possible to extract some sort of session ID from the LDAP handle,
which can be matched up against SLAPD's log?  I understand that this can
(and will) change between releases, but I can wear that.

As an aside, in <ldap.h> I can see where "LDAP" is typedef'd, but where is
the structure itself defined?  It's certainly well hidden :-)

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering P/L,  54/19-21 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont, NSW 2009,  Australia